Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blog Post #7 How Do We All Become Learners?

For this blog we watched the videos from Mrs. Tuck's 1st grade class on how she used technology with her children. She showed an app, new to me, called Popplet. With this app the children were able to create a collage of pictures from the book required to read. By doing this, and Mrs. Tuck screenshotting it the children are able to visual see the story and continuously go back and look at it in their pictures on their iPads. I think what teachers now days are doing with technology is amazing. It makes learning for the children that much more interesting and fun! I think if all teacher's get on board and use technology the students will have an easier time comprehending the material in class. There are so many wonderful websites and apps to help kids these days, it amazes me!

My strengths and weaknesses with technology are:

Strengths:
-I know how to work almost any technology device
-I am quick to learn new material
-I enjoy technology over books

Weaknesses:
-I am easily distracted with technology
-I have horrible time management
-I never remember to keep my devices charged

When thinking about being a teacher in two years or less it is scary. To think in just that short amount of time it will be me that children are sent to, to learn! I think technology is changing all the time so I must change my ways and keep up with all the latest apps and devices. It excites me to know that I will have my own class, with my own students. I do not want to fail, I want the kids to be excited to come to my class. I want to use iCurio and Popplet and other technologies to teach my students. I want to make it as interesting and fun as possible for them, while also making progress and helping them learn and understand the concepts.



1 comment:

  1. How many of the videos did you watch? One of 7? That's what appears to be the case.

    ReplyDelete