Sunday, September 21, 2014

What are Personal Learning Networks (PLN)? Blog Post #5

How can they help you as a teacher? How are they formed? How can you create your own? Who will be the first additions to your PLN?


Personal Learning Networks (PLN) are sites such as Twitter, or Blogger, in which you can interact with other teachers. On Twitter it is simple, you search a hashtag in which you are interested in and it will show you all the tweets with that hashtag. It makes it simple to find people with common interests. On twitter you can "@" someone to tweet directly to them, or you can direct message them. This makes it easy to get opinions and help from other teachers without having to meet up in person. With Blogger you can read any fellow teachers blog that you "follow". Blogger allows you to read others blogs, comment on theirs, and it even gives others the option to comment on yours. Both Blogger and Twitter will make teaching so much easier. With just going to a website you are able to get advice and opinions from other teachers, whether it be a teacher at the same school as you or a teacher in a different country. You are able to communicate with anyone you follow. I see these PLNs being extremely helpful for my future teaching career. Since being in EDM310 I have created a blog and I also created a new Twitter account. I never really used Twitter for anything of importance before this class. Since being in this class I have realized how informative Blogger and Twitter can actually be. I am amazed! I am already following quite a few Education pages on Twitter. I have also found fellow classmates that are in the Education major. I believe through Blogger and Twitter and it being created now we are given a lifelong lifeline.



2 comments:

  1. Ashley, I enjoyed reading your blog post today . I also think Twitter is a fascinating social media site. With Twitter you can connect to so many differnt people around the world. I also agree that Twitter will help my career as an educator. I also never had a blog before this class. Blogging is a great PLN to use daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to include alt and title modifiers on every picture.

    ReplyDelete