Friday, September 12, 2014

Testing Out Search Engines Project #15

I have found that Bing is very similar to Google. It is a great website that will give you any and everything you search for. After that it is up to you to determine if that site is reliable or not. I think Bing is a good website for the basic information.

Dictionary.com is a very helpful search engine for definitions. All you have to do is go to the website and type in the word you need to be defined. It will give you a definition with numerous examples of how it is used.

Yahoo is a search engine, but also an option for emails. With Yahoo you are able to have an email, view latest news, and search anything you would like to. It also has a toolbar on the side where you can click on different links to stuff such as weather, finance, style, health, etc. It is a great website for any basic information you need, as soon as you get on the website page you are shown all the latest news.

Wolfram Alpha is a great search engine for math problems. Until this project I was unaware of this website. I believe it will be very helpful for future math problems. I am amazed with this website. It is by far the greatest website I have ever seen. If you have not heard of this website or seen it yourself, I strongly suggest saving it in your bookmarks.

Wikipedia is not such a reliable search engine. Anyone, anywhere, can post and edit information on this website. I would not suggest this site if you are looking for the truth. It is not the place to go for honest information.

EasyBib is a website where you can choose the format, and it will cite the website, book, newspaper, etc. It is very helpful when writing papers where you are required to cite information. I have used this site since highschool and it cites everything I need in the correct format.

Ask.com is a website I would compare to Siri on the iPhone. It is a website that you can basically ask any question and it will give you the best answer. I would say ask.com is best to use to ask general questions. I have used ask to find out the latest hollywood gossip or stuff like that.

Duckduckgo is a website similar to Google. However, when using duckduckgo you do not have to go through numerous pages of information to find what you are looking for. It is a quick, simple, and efficient website to use if you do not wish to use Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment