Sunday, August 24, 2014

What About EDM310? Blog Post 1

Outline
What I've heard about EDM310
What fears I have about EDM310
Compare and Contrast EDM310 with other college courses I've taken
What will be the most difficult thing
The best way for me to address the most difficult thing
What questions I have about this course

When I first heard that I would be required to take EDM310 I was not sure what to expect. I started asking people that I know have taken it. The majority of the people told me, if you can manage your time you'll be fine. People told me it's all about time management and making sure you get everything done that is due that week and to not get behind on your work. Once I heard numerous people's outlooks on this course I understood a little better and I knew going into it that I need to stay on top of my work. Overall I now feel more prepared for this class than I did before I heard what people had to say.

My biggest fear about this class is time management. College has been overwhelming for me, having to keep up with so many different assignments and quizzes and tests. I have never been one to manage my time accordingly. However, so far this semester I feel that I am prepared and managing my time well. I know that if I don't make every spare moment count then I will be behind, whether it be in this class or another.

Compared to any other college course I have taken, this course is alot more of out of class work. In all classes you have outside work, such as, homework, assignments, etc. In this class I feel as if it is all about keeping up with the assignments in the checklist master. As I mentioned earlier, I know quite a few people who have taken this class previously. They have been very helpful in reassuring me that it will be okay and helping explain it to me when I am confused. I think I will really enjoy this class, it is alot more different than any other course I've been enrolled in, however, I enjoy the fast pace.

The most difficult thing for me this semester with this class will definitely be time management. I'm usually very good at last minute work, however, I can already see now that that will not work in this class. With that being said, this class will have to be my first priority. I am scared to get behind in this class and end up with a bad grade over something I can control. I know that as long as I get the work done in this class done in a timely manner I will be fine and hopefully I will end up with a good grade overall.

At the moment I cannot think of any questions I have about this course. I feel like everything was covered in class. I am sure in the weeks to come I will have a question or two about something.




2 comments:

  1. If you're worried about forgetting to do an assignment on time, set a reminder for yourself on your phone! But like you said, as long as you submit your assignments on time and give them your best shot, you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the interest of time management, I've always found it useful to attempt starting and possibly finishing an assignment as soon as it is given. The danger in procrastination lies in forgetting that the assignment is even existent, but I truly believe that if you are able to master your procrastination, you will find this class no harder than any other. On the other hand, writing yourself a sticky note reminder about an assignment and putting it on your door couldn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete