Thursday, August 21, 2014

Practice Blog Post

Outline
Personal Information
Why I want to be a teacher
What my job as a teacher will include
My passions

My name is Ashley Stacey. I was born and raised in Mobile, AL. I attended St. Paul's Episcopal School from Kindergarten until graduation. I was in the graduating class of 2011. The summer of 2011 I broke my back just a few weeks before I was supposed to go up to Oxford, MS to attend college at Ole Miss. The doctor approved me to attend college there; it was very difficult and horrifying. I ended up only attending one semester there. I realized I needed to be in Mobile, AL until I got out of my back brace and found out what I wanted to do. I enrolled here at South and started classes in the Spring of 2012 and have been here ever since.
I am the youngest of four children. I have two sisters and a brother. My sisters graduated college in four years. My brother did not finish college. I am very close with my family, but with my siblings living in Georgia and Tennessee it is difficult to see them often. My parents and grandparents are in Mobile so I get to see them often. I am a born and raised Auburn fan and I enjoy taking road trips up to Auburn to tailgate and attend the games. This past January my dad took our family out to Pasadena, CA and we went to the National Championship. It was a blast!

My junior and senior year of high school I took an elective class called Service Leadership. My teacher, Mrs. Lerner, impacted my life greatly. In those two years our class would help out the community with different community service activities. Once a week we went to Little Tree Pre-School and tutored Autistic Pre-schoolers. It was then and there that I decided I needed to become a Special Needs teacher. I have a huge place in my heart for Special Needs kids and I cannot wait to graduate and work with them. I will be responsible for teaching these children the basic studies that all Pre-School children need to learn. I will help them with their social skills, as well as their thinking skills.

Photo by: Stranger on Santa Monica Pier
My family means the world to me. I am very close with my parents and siblings. We are all big Auburn fans and Auburn football games are usually the only time we can all get together and spend time together other than holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment